Gas Mileage Reimbursement
If you have a car and can drive yourself to your appointment, you may be able to get gas mileage reimbursement (money for gas). This is a payment based on the distance to the appointment. Trips are paid at $0.24 per mile. A family member or friend may also be eligible for mileage reimbursement for driving you.
To be paid for mileage reimbursement, you must fill out a Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log. This form can be found on our Member Resources page or call 866-907-1493 and a Veyo agent can mail one to you. It must be sent to Veyo within one year of the first trip listed on the log. Payment for approved trips will be made within three weeks by check or electronic funds transfer (EFT) directly to your bank account. Veyo does not make payments by debit card.
If you use gas mileage reimbursement to get to your appointments, please note that starting on February 1, 2022, all gas mileage reimbursement trips must be scheduled with Veyo on or before the day of the health care appointment.
How Does Gas Mileage Reimbursement Work?
- Schedule Transportation
To be reimbursed for a ride, transportation needs to be scheduled with Veyo at least two business days before your appointment. Please call 866-907-1493, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time (CT) to schedule a trip.
- Take the Form with You to Your Appointment
Print out and take the Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log with you to your appointment. The form can be accessed using the link below. Ask your provider to date, sign and print/stamp their name on the form.
Download the Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log ›
- Request Reimbursement
Fill out and return the Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log to Veyo. This must be done within one year of the first health care appointment listed on the form. Don’t forget to attach all parking and toll receipts. Forms that are missing information will not receive payment.
Request Gas Mileage Reimbursement Online ›
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can receive mileage reimbursement?
If you have a car and are able to drive yourself to your appointment, you may be eligible for mileage reimbursement. A friend or family member may be eligible for reimbursement to take you to your appointment.
- The driver must have a valid driver’s license.
- The driver must follow all public laws, ordinances, and regulations that apply to drivers and the vehicle being used.
- The member must be in the vehicle for the trip.
What are the requirements for a trip to be reimbursed?
- Transportation needs to be scheduled at least two business days before your health care appointment. Call 866-907-1493 to schedule a trip. Please tell the agent if you require an extra stop (for example, to the pharmacy).
- You must be a Wisconsin Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus Member on the date of the trip.
- Veyo will only make one payment per trip, regardless of the number of members transported to or from the same address at the same time.
- If you get a prescription from your health care provider, you should stop and pick it up on the way home from your appointment. This will be counted as one trip.
- A health care provider must verify that you attended the scheduled appointment. The health care provider must date, sign, and print/stamp their name on the Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log. Any health care provider at your appointment can sign the log. This includes nurses, therapists, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners. It does not have to be the doctor.
- If you do not have a log when you go to your appointment, ask your health care provider for a note on their facility letterhead. The note should show the date of appointment and have the health care provider’s signature to verify you were seen. Once you have a trip log, attach the note from your health care provider in place of a signature.
- The Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log must be fully completed and all parking and toll receipts attached. The reimbursement form can be found on the Member Resources page. If you submit a form and it is missing information, Veyo will reach out to you for more information.
- You must submit the Trip Log within one year of the first trip listed on the form.
Do I need my health care provider to sign the Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log?
Yes, each date of service must have a health care provider signature. Veyo will confirm each trip with your provider’s office before you receive payment. Any health care provider at your appointment can sign the log. This includes nurses, therapists, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners. It does not have to be the doctor.
When should the forms be submitted?
The Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log needs to be filled out and returned to Veyo within one year of the first medical appointment listed. The trip log can be found on the Member Resources page.
How do I submit the forms?
The Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log can be downloaded on our Member Resources page. If you do not have access to the internet, please call 866-907-1493 and a form can be mailed to you
The completed Mileage Reimbursement Trip Log can be submitted online using the online Mileage Reimbursement Form. You can also submit the trip log via fax or mail:
- Fax to: 888-512-2082
- Mail to: Veyo, Attn: Mileage Reimbursement, 8383 Greenway Blvd, Suite 400, Middleton, WI 53562
When will the reimbursement payment be sent out?
Approved trips will be paid out within these time frames:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) to your bank account: 1-2 weeks
- Check: 2-3 weeks.